Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Months from then, months from now...

Surely you appreciate the simpering tone of this entry? The last thing I want to - or should - do is write another "okay now I'm serious" blog post. The last several months have been out of my control, but I have also been eating whatever passed my way, and haven't exercised at all. I've reached the point of needing to have a little lie-down halfway up the staircase every night, and the elevators in my mother's building are actually, I believe, starting to sway.

But fogs are lifting, schedules are clearing, time is winding down a little more slowly. Christmas passed without agony, Mom is out of the hospital and cheerfully using a new portable oxygen machine, and The Bride has returned to her own home in another state after coming here to select a wedding venue, dress and bridesmaids.

Yesterday I signed up for 2 months at a gym. It wasn't the gym I liked best, and certainly wasn't the cheapest, but 2 things make it the Right Choice. 1) It is halfway between my house and my mother's, and I pass it at least every other day. All the other gyms in the offing are the other direction, and I haven't driven past any of them without some other urgent reason in months. 2) It's open 24 hours. I don't know whether that will be a pertinent aspect or not. I'm still a terible insomniac, and in my youth I did all of our family grocery shopping and most of my housecleaning in the wee smalls. But while I usually lay awake for a good portion of the night nowadays, I rarely get out of bed. Still, the gym is a tiny one and lightly trafficked, and the idea of having it to myself (24 keycard) is very attractive, indeed.

No, I haven't been yet. Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment